In choosing a law firm, you are making an investment in your career. At WilmerHale, we provide room to grow and the resources to develop. For a peek into what it’s like to be a summer associate at WilmerHale, check out our 2019 summer associate blogs.
We are committed to providing our lawyers with the support they need to balance their professional obligations with their personal lives, to maintain workplace wellness, and to do challenging and rewarding legal work.
- WilmerHale has been recognized as a top place to work by Bay Area News, The Boston Globe, Crain’s New York, The Washington Post, and the Dayton Business Journal.
- In 2018, WilmerHale rose to #2 on the American Lawyer A-List, a prestigious list highlighting the top 20 law firms in the nation that excel in associate satisfaction, diversity, finances and pro bono.
- Ranked #27 for Firm Culture by Vault, The Best Firms to Work For 2020.
We believe that superb legal skills can be developed through a combination of broad work experiences, strong mentoring relationships and sound formal training by experienced practitioners. The firm’s comprehensive lawyer development and training programs offer competency-based approaches to evaluation, promotion, compensation, and overall professional development; a robust mentoring program; supportive training; and flexible career paths.
- Ranked #16 for Formal Training by Vault, The Best Firms to Work For 2020.
- Ranked #20 for Career Development by Vault, Best Summer Associate Programs for Social Experiences 2020.
Public Service and Pro Bono
We maintain a steadfast commitment to pro bono representation and public service, and believe in an inherent obligation to ensure equal access to justice for underserved communities around the world. Our commitment to providing a voice for all is demonstrated through pro bono contributions that range from cases of national importance before the US Supreme Court to litigation on behalf of individuals who lack the means to secure necessities as fundamental as housing, adequate medical care, and protection from abuse and exploitation.
- In 2019, WilmerHale made the National Law Journal’s Pro Bono Hot List, which features the nation’s top law firms dedicated to leading the way on access to justice.
- Vault recognized WilmerHale as one of the ten law firms that best maintains its commitment to providing pro bono service.
- The American Lawyer awarded WilmerHale with one of the five best pro bono scores in the nation for 2019.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering an environment that embraces each individual's unique background, experience and perspective. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion starts at the top and cascades throughout the firm. WilmerHale is one of very few AmLaw 100 firms with a woman co-managing partner, and part of an even smaller number of such firms that have had both a woman and a person of color as a co-managing partner. Our diversity and inclusion journey is one of continuous assessment, progress, and partnership with others committed to advancing these principles in the legal profession.
- WilmerHale named a “Best Law Firm for Women” recipient for the 11th consecutive year by Working Mother
- The Women in Law Empowerment Forum recognized WilmerHale with a Gold Standard Award for placement of women in leadership positions.
- For the 10th consecutive year, WilmerHale earned a 100 percent rating in the 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) based on a Human Rights Campaign Foundation survey to identify the best places to work for LGBT equality.
- WilmerHale is a part of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), an organization of corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners, that actively promotes diversity and inclusion.