Why Work Here
You deserve more from your legal practice than a paycheck and a lock-step march to partnership. Meaningful work that challenges and excites you. Mentors eager to help you grow. Freedom to seek a balance between your work and home life. The opportunity to serve your community in a way that suits your interests and values. A collegial environment filled with people you look forward to seeing each day. And a true commitment to diversity and community service.
We invite you to explore Womble Bond Dickinson and see if our firm may be a good match for your career goals. Some specifics about Womble Bond Dickinson include:
- The Transatlantic Law Firm Close to Home. With locations on both sides of the Atlantic, we provide the breadth of legal experience and services to meet our clients’ needs without losing the intimacy of being connected to our different communities.
- Great Buzz from the Clients We Serve. Sample client comments: “As good as a New York firm, but much more cost-effective.” “Not just good lawyers but good people too.” “They’re excellent negotiators…and they watch the bottom line.”
- Our Clients Love Our Value Story. We know they want more for their dollar. So we embrace client-focused alternatives to the billable hour. Firm clients regularly enjoy flat fees, performance incentives and other strategies to better share risks.
- An Upward Trajectory of Strategic Growth. Womble Bond Dickinson is a growing law firm, both in bench strength and geographic scope. We currently have approximately more than 1,000 attorneys in 27 offices in the UK and US—and we are looking to grow (smartly).
- The Profession’s Most Progressive Client Development Program, including a widely recognized law firm brand image and full-time sales directors ready to help you target, win and expand your business.
- Innovation That Keeps Your Practice Ahead of the Game. Innovation is in our DNA and every spring, we hold a firm-wide International Innovation Week to celebrate this commitment to curiosity. The Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Report has recognized both our Case Management Facility and Impact Business Group in recent years.
- An Entrepreneurial Spirit. Be the kind of lawyer you strive to become. No one here will get in your way. In fact, we’ll give you every resource you need to succeed.
- A Chance to Work with Top Talent. Our hands-on, switched-on lawyers and professionals have backgrounds in state and federal agencies, private industry, academia and leading legal organizations.
- An Open and Inclusive Workplace. Our commitment to diversity is visible in our scholarship program for diverse law students and our perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index. We value gender diversity, too—Womble Bond Dickinson’s two top US leaders are women, including Chair & CEO Betty Temple. Learn more about our Diversity & Inclusion efforts here.
- Deep Ties to our Communities. Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys and staff are involved in a wide range of good causes and pro bono efforts in all of our markets, including efforts to support veterans, public health, the homeless and hungry, and justice for all.
If you’re looking for a serious practice with a progressive, growing law firm, Womble Bond Dickinson could be right for you.
Come see us. Sit and talk. You'll want to stay.