Vault’s Law Blog covers news and trends relating to legal careers. Law Blog contributors offer insights on the legal industry and provide career advice for law students, attorneys, and JDs.
Contributors have included:
- Matt Moody: Matt is the current Law Editor at Vault. Prior to joining Vault, Matt worked as a litigator at two Vault 100 law firms. Matt has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BS in Journalism from the University of Florida.
- Vera Djordjevich: Vera is currently the Director of Research & Consulting at Vault. A former litigator, she holds degrees from New York University School of Law and Stanford University.
- Nicole Weber: Nicole is a legal recruiting professional and previously worked as an associate at a large New York firm. Nicole has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BA from Williams College.
- Rachel Marx Boufford: Rachel is a recruiting and marketing professional and previously worked as a litigation associate at a large New York law firm. Rachel has a JD from Harvard Law School and a BA from Tufts University.
- Mary Kate Sheridan: Mary Kate holds a JD from Columbia Law School and a BA in English from Mary Washington College. Mary Kate is a writer, editor and attorney, who previously worked as a litigation associate at a large law firm.
- Brian Dalton: Brian received a JD from Fordham Law School and a BA in History from Middlebury College. Following law school, Brian worked as an associate at a New York City law firm.
Become a Contributor
Vault is always looking for job search and career experts to share their advice on our blog.
The Vault/MCCA Law Firm Diversity Survey Results Are In!
We're pleased to announce the results of the Vault/MCCA Law Firm Diversity Survey. Read on to learn more about the most recent trends in diverse hiring, retention, and promotion in the legal industry.
Q&A with Lisa McLafferty, Firmwide Director of Attorney Recruiting & Development at Winston & Strawn LLP
What is the most important rule for legal resumes? How can law students maximize their summer associate experiences? Lisa McLafferty of Winston & Strawn LLP answers these and other questions in our latest Q&A.
A Glimpse Into the Law Firm Recruiting Process with Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Preparing for summer associate interviews is critical, but one area that may seem cloaked in mystery is the recruiting team's thought process. Take a look behind the scenes through this Q&A with Nicole Levin Mesard, Chair of the Hiring Committee at Debevoise.
New! Vault's Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, 2020 Edition
Finding the ideal firm requires a lot of research—both on the firms and on how to navigate the recruiting process and associate life—which is why Vault has worked hard to compile a comprehensive guide to assist law students and laterals in their searches: Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms.
Announcing Vault's 2020 Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For!
Vault's 2020 rankings for the Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For are here! Read on to see which midsize firms receive top marks for quality of life from their associates.
Advice for LL.M. Students as They Pave Their Legal Career Paths
The LL.M. job search is significantly different from that of J.D. students, and sometimes candidates must get creative in how they plot their careers. Here are some tips for LL.M. students on developing their legal careers and setting themselves apart.
Vault's 2020 Quality of Life, Diversity, and Summer Associate Program Rankings are Here!
Vault has released its new quality of life, diversity, and summer program rankings! Read on to see which firms have been rated best to work for in these areas by their own associates.