Vault’s Law Blog covers news and trends relating to legal careers. Law Blog contributors offer insights on the legal industry and provide career advice for law students, attorneys, and JDs.
Contributors have included:
- Matt Moody: Matt is the current Law Editor at Vault. Prior to joining Vault, Matt worked as a litigator at two Vault 100 law firms. Matt has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BS in Journalism from the University of Florida.
- Vera Djordjevich: Vera is currently the Director of Research & Consulting at Vault. A former litigator, she holds degrees from New York University School of Law and Stanford University.
- Nicole Weber: Nicole is a legal recruiting professional and previously worked as an associate at a large New York firm. Nicole has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BA from Williams College.
- Rachel Marx Boufford: Rachel is a recruiting and marketing professional and previously worked as a litigation associate at a large New York law firm. Rachel has a JD from Harvard Law School and a BA from Tufts University.
- Mary Kate Sheridan: Mary Kate holds a JD from Columbia Law School and a BA in English from Mary Washington College. Mary Kate is a writer, editor and attorney, who previously worked as a litigation associate at a large law firm.
- Brian Dalton: Brian received a JD from Fordham Law School and a BA in History from Middlebury College. Following law school, Brian worked as an associate at a New York City law firm.
Become a Contributor
Vault is always looking for job search and career experts to share their advice on our blog.
Five Legal Practice Areas to Research in the Wake of COVID-19
Selecting a practice area is an important step in developing your future career as a lawyer. Here are five practice areas that will likely become more relevant than ever in light of the coronavirus outbreak—use your time at home to read up.
Introducing the 2020 Vault Guide to Summer Associate Interviewing & Top-Ranked Programs
Participating in the law firm summer associate interview process is exciting but also can be overwhelming. Vault is here to help you research target firms, nail your interviews, and succeed as a summer associate with our newly released Vault Guide to Summer Associate Interviewing & Top-Ranked Programs. Click to learn more!
What Is It Like to Work as a Tax Law Attorney?
If you don’t have a background in math, can you become a tax law attorney? What projects does a junior tax law attorney work on? How does a new attorney even begin to navigate the tax code? Read on for the answers to these questions and more from tax attorneys at top-ranked firms.
The Top Law Firms in New York & California
New York City, Northern California, and Southern California are three of the most coveted legal markets for lawyers paving their careers. But what stands out in one doesn't necessarily take the prize in the other. So how is a law student or lawyer to distinguish among the three? Click to check out Vault's newest regional-based resources!
Advice from Law Firm Associates on Selecting a Summer Program
Choosing the right summer associate program will help launch your legal career in the right direction. Here, law firm associates share their advice on how to select the ideal summer program for you.
The Career Path of an Intellectual Property Lawyer
So you want to become an intellectual property lawyer, but you aren't sure what path to take? Here, six BigLaw attorneys share how they got their starts in IP and what drew them to this practice.
The Best Law Firm Summer Associate Events
Summer associate events are prime opportunities to network within the firm and assess how well you fit with the firm. These events are also known for being fun, unique, and oftentimes extravagant. Here, we share favorite summer events from law firm associates at the Best Summer Programs for Social Experiences.
What Is It Like Working as a Lawyer Focused on Emerging Companies & Venture Capital?
What are some typical tasks for lawyers focusing on emerging companies and venture capital, and what challenges do they face? Here, lawyers from top-ranked firms in this area share their insights on working with startups and emerging companies.
Preparing a Writing Sample for Your Legal Job Interview
A carefully selected writing sample can showcase your writing, editing, and analytical skills—and having one printed and ready at your interview will demonstrate your organizational skills. Here are some guidelines on how to best prepare your legal writing sample before interview day.