Vault’s Law Blog covers news and trends relating to legal careers. Law Blog contributors offer insights on the legal industry and provide career advice for law students, attorneys, and JDs.
Contributors have included:
- Matt Moody: Matt is the current Law Editor at Vault. Prior to joining Vault, Matt worked as a litigator at two Vault 100 law firms. Matt has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BS in Journalism from the University of Florida.
- Vera Djordjevich: Vera is currently the Director of Research & Consulting at Vault. A former litigator, she holds degrees from New York University School of Law and Stanford University.
- Nicole Weber: Nicole is a legal recruiting professional and previously worked as an associate at a large New York firm. Nicole has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BA from Williams College.
- Rachel Marx Boufford: Rachel is a recruiting and marketing professional and previously worked as a litigation associate at a large New York law firm. Rachel has a JD from Harvard Law School and a BA from Tufts University.
- Mary Kate Sheridan: Mary Kate holds a JD from Columbia Law School and a BA in English from Mary Washington College. Mary Kate is a writer, editor and attorney, who previously worked as a litigation associate at a large law firm.
- Brian Dalton: Brian received a JD from Fordham Law School and a BA in History from Middlebury College. Following law school, Brian worked as an associate at a New York City law firm.
Become a Contributor
Vault is always looking for job search and career experts to share their advice on our blog.
What Is It Like Working as a Lawyer Focused on Emerging Companies & Venture Capital?
What are some typical tasks for lawyers focusing on emerging companies and venture capital, and what challenges do they face? Here, lawyers from top-ranked firms in this area share their insights on working with startups and emerging companies.
Preparing a Writing Sample for Your Legal Job Interview
A carefully selected writing sample can showcase your writing, editing, and analytical skills—and having one printed and ready at your interview will demonstrate your organizational skills. Here are some guidelines on how to best prepare your legal writing sample before interview day.
From Making Deals to Handling the Unexpected: What It's Like to Be a Corporate Attorney
What is it really like to practice corporate law? Here, five corporate attorneys share what a typical day is like for them, including the kinds of tasks they perform and how their roles have changed over time.
Better, Stronger, Faster: The Best Law Firms for Technology & Innovation
In an industry that is slow to embrace innovative technology solutions, some firms stand out from the rest with their impressive tech and connectivity. Read on for Vault's Top 10 Best Law Firms for Technology & Innovation, as well as insider quotes from associates.
Questions You Should Never Ask During a Legal Job Interview
Preparing questions for your legal job interview is important, but not all questions are appropriate during the interview process. Read on for questions that you should avoid.
The Vault/MCCA Law Firm Diversity Survey Results Are In!
We're pleased to announce the results of the Vault/MCCA Law Firm Diversity Survey. Read on to learn more about the most recent trends in diverse hiring, retention, and promotion in the legal industry.
Q&A with Lisa McLafferty, Firmwide Director of Attorney Recruiting & Development at Winston & Strawn LLP
What is the most important rule for legal resumes? How can law students maximize their summer associate experiences? Lisa McLafferty of Winston & Strawn LLP answers these and other questions in our latest Q&A.
A Glimpse Into the Law Firm Recruiting Process with Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Preparing for summer associate interviews is critical, but one area that may seem cloaked in mystery is the recruiting team's thought process. Take a look behind the scenes through this Q&A with Nicole Levin Mesard, Chair of the Hiring Committee at Debevoise.
New! Vault's Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, 2020 Edition
Finding the ideal firm requires a lot of research—both on the firms and on how to navigate the recruiting process and associate life—which is why Vault has worked hard to compile a comprehensive guide to assist law students and laterals in their searches: Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms.