Skip to Main Content


Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The Register of Professional Archaeologists offers voluntary registration to archaeologists who agree to "abide by an explicit code of conduct and standards of research performance." Registration requires an archaeologist to "hold a graduate degree in archaeology, anthropology, or another related discipline (including but not limited to art history, classics, history, or museum studies) and have completed a thesis or dissertation, or its equivalent, that addresses a substantive archaeological question."

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.