Skip to Main Content

Home Explore Careers

Fiber Optics Technicians

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The Fiber Optic Association offers the following voluntary certifications: certified fiber optic technician, certified premises cabling technician, certified fiber optic specialist, certified outside plant fiber optic specialist, certified fiber optic specialist/splicing, certified fiber optic specialist/connectors, certified fiber optic specialist/testing, certified fiber optic specialist/design, and certified fiber optic technician for FTTx. The Electronics Technicians Association International offers several certifications in fiber optics. The Telecommunications Industry Association offers a certification program for technicians working in convergence technologies, and iNARTE offers certification for technicians employed in the telecommunications industry. 

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Submit a Review and Get 7 FREE DAYS of Vault Gold

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions
Featured Companies