Skip to Main Content

Hazardous Waste Management Specialists

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Certification available to specialists is not universally recognized, and requirements for certification vary not only from state to state, but region to region, and year to year. Hazardous waste management professionals can earn the registered environmental health specialist/registered sanitarian certification from the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA). Additionally, some employers pay for workshops run in-house by the NEHA, other associations, or government agencies (such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration), to update their employees on such topics as emergency response, Superfund regulations, and emerging technologies.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions
Featured Companies