While the employment outlook for linguists has improved over the past decade, it is still not good. There are more qualified linguists than there are jobs for them, and most openings will occur as other linguists retire or leave the field. The U.S. Department of Labor predicts that employment for college and university social sciences professors who will grow much faster than the average for all careers through 2024, but the field of linguistics is not a high-growth field.
Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- College Professors
- Conservators and Conservation Technicians
- Cultural Advisers
- Education Directors and Museum Teachers
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Teachers
- Foreign Service Officers
- Historic Preservationists
- Medical Ethicists
- Political Scientists
- Secondary School Teachers
- Sign Language and Oral Interpreters