As an intern, you'll take on challenging problems in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. You will be part of the team from day one; testing, learning, and re-thinking the way our customers interact with their finances.
Capital One is looking for inventive, passionate students with a diversity of perspectives who have one thing in common - a desire to make an impact. Whether that's working with customers to improve user experience or using Big Data valuation approaches to determine how they lend to customers, you will sit at the intersection of building human-centered, business-focused and technology-driven solutions for customers.
What does a summer with Capital One look like?
- Hand-picked projects -Capital One talks to each incoming intern to understand what you want to get out of your internship, and hand-pick your team and project to work on the problems you want to solve. See below for a few examples of past intern projects.
- Training - The company places a massive emphasis on setting you up with the right skills to excel during your internship, and beyond. Trainings will equip you with the skills that a Financial Analyst needs to succeed at Capital One, but you can expect exposure to skills like human-centered design, core business / analytical problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Executive speakers - You'll hear from and interact with some of the most senior level executives. Topics have included career advice, what they're most passionate about, and what keeps them up at night.
- Creating a strong network - Develop relationships with intern peers, associates and executives at planned social events throughout the summer. Capital One values getting to know its people as well as its company culture.
Past projects our interns have worked on include:
- Analyzing key business drivers such as customer and asset volume, attrition, losses and margins
- Improving forecasting models through the analysis of key business trends
- Assisting in the completion of externally reported financial statements
- Driving operational improvements through specific project-based work
- In process of obtaining a Bachelors Degree or higher in a quantitative discipline, including finance, economics, business or accounting
- A demonstrated interest in financial management and/or technology
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher
15000 Capital One Drive
Richmond, VA 23238
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Seniors, Business School Students
Mc Lean, VA