2021 Vault Rankings
SAS’ internship program provides a unique summer experience in the Cary, NC headquarters. For 10 to 12 weeks, you’ll partner with mentors to work on meaningful projects that make an immediate impact. From contributing code to ensuring product quality for Fortune 100 customers, the potential to make a real impact is exciting. Both technical and non-technical internships are offered to students with degrees ranging from computer science to business marketing.
SAS offers internships in the following areas:
- Technical: Software Development, Software Quality Testing, IT, UX/UI and Systems Engineering.
Looking for candidates excited about developing and/or testing our world-leading analytics software or SAS tools. Projects could include a wide variety of front-end and back-end development or testing in languages such as Java, C, Golang and more.
- Business:Sales, Marketing, Human Resources
Looking for candidates motivated to use their business acumen skills to drive projects in areas such as business analyst projects, advertising campaigns, digital marketing and social media strategies. The sales teams provide projects in exposure to the selling of SAS products, developing sales territories to drive new leads and influencing potential customers in becoming established customers.
- Analytical:Statistics and Mathematics
Statistics and math are at the heart of what SAS does. If you love dealing with big data and have an analytical mind, SAS needs your skills in areas to create test data, validate computations, analyze data and solve high-value business problems.
United in STEM: SAS Diversity Internship Program
SAS believes diversity and inclusion is multi-dimensional – SAS has a culture that blends different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives from 59 countries around the world. A diverse workforce brings together unique talents and abilities that inspire teams to create software that can change the world. Great minds don’t always think alike, so the company makes it a priority to promote an environment where varied perspectives are encouraged.
The United in STEM Diversity Intern program is designed to provide a valuable work experience for current students enrolled in an accredited degree program who are passionate about technology and eager to make an impact. The goal is to provide the opportunity to work in an inclusive work environment, receive mentorship and coaching, and to make meaningful contributions to the organization.
SAS has opportunities in the United in STEM program for current students who identify as neurodiverse, female, students affiliated with the US Military (service members, veterans, and military spouses), Black or African American, Latinx, Indigenous, and other historically underrepresented students of color.
SAS is looking for candidates who are:
- College students enrolled in an undergraduate degree program and not completing the degree prior to December 2021.
- Curious, passionate, authentic and accountable.
- Involved inside and outside of the classroom. You’re passionate about more than just your academics.
- Available to work full-time for 10-12 weeks over the summer.
- Leaders. You lead projects and/or clubs and you sit in the front row of the class.
- Strong students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. You can balance academics and involvement like a pro.
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Take ownership of your mistakes (catch them, if you can!), and learn from them.
- Embrace technology. You geek out over the latest and greatest!
- Be a team player. You’re always ready to pitch in.
SAS University Recruiting
100 SAS Campus Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students
Degree Track: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy