Vault Career Guide to Venture Capital, Sixth Edition
by Andrew Morkes
Publication Date: 2018
Venture capitalists raise funds of millions or billions of dollars and invest it in promising young businesses and start-up companies, reaping the rewards when these companies make it big or another company buys them. Careers in this high-powered and tight-knit industry are highly desirable for those who seek an intellectually challenging and entrepreneurial environment—not to mention potentially unparalleled financial rewards. Venture capital jobs can be hard to land, though, because the industry is small, and its standards are very high. So how do you break into this exclusive branch of the finance world?
The Vault Career Guide to Venture Capital, Sixth Edition provides an insider's perspective on what's happening in the venture capital industry, what it takes to break in and how to advance your career, helping you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider's view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it and where it's going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.
Forbes magazine calls Vault Guides CliffsNotes for Careers. Find out which industry and company is right for you.